- 1/2 cup canned sweet potato
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola or light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pancake or waffle mix
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Place sweet potato, milk, oil, egg, and honey in large bowl and whisk well.
- Add pancake or waffle mix and stir with a wooden spoon until most of the lumps have disappeared and there are no dry spots.
- Heat a waffle iron and coat with cooking spray. Cook batter according to the manufacturer’s instructions and serve immediately, or cool on a wire rack and store in the fridge for up to three days, or transfer to a resealable bag and freeze for up to six months.
Nutrition score per serving (1 waffle)