- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup quick-mixing flour (such as Wondra), divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 12 ounces frozen mashed potatoes (such as Ore-Ida Steam n’ Mash)
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place 2 tablespoons flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add stock to pan; bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Cook potatoes according to package directions. Combine potatoes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and milk in a medium bowl; mash to desired consistency. Serve with chicken and gravy. Sprinkle with parsley.
Fat 17.9 g
Sat fat 5.5 g
Mono fat 7.4 g
Poly fat 2.9 g
Protein 41 g
Carbohydrate 23 g
Fiber 2 g
Cholesterol 126 mg
Iron 2 mg
Sodium 635 mg
Calcium 81 mg