- 2 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic, mashed into a paste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) sirloin steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic paste, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Reserve half of soy sauce mixture.
- Add steak to remaining soy sauce mixture, and toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- Prepare the brown rice according to package directions. Stir in green onions, sesame seeds, and oil. Serve rice mixture with steak. Drizzle with reserved soy sauce mixture.
Fat 10.3 g
Sat fat 2.5 g
Mono fat 3.3 g
Poly fat 1.9 g
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrate 21 g
Fiber 2 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Iron 3 mg
Sodium 385 mg
Calcium 64 mg