- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oi l
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup prepared pico de gallo or other salsa (your choice)
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar or white cheese (your choice)
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
- Combine chipotles, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling.
- Season chicken with salt.
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes.
- Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165 °F, 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler.
- Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other salsa) and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.
- Serve with a lime wedge.
Serving size: 1 burrito bowl, about 2 1/2 cups
fat 18 g
sat fat 4 g
fiber 9 g
carbs 36 g
Protein 36 g
folate 160 mg
cholesterol 90 mg
3 g sugars;
0 g added sugars;
2274 IU vitamin A;
7 mg vitamin C;
111 mg calcium;
3 mg iron;
462 mg sodium;
995 mg potassium
Vitamin A (45% daily value)
Folate (40% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 fat, 3 1/2 lean protein, 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable