- 8 cucumbers
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock (canned or bouillon)
- 1-pint half-and-half
- white pepper
- olive oil
- Peel and seed cucumbers, cut into chunks.
- Saute’ chopped onions and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until golden.
Add chicken stock, cucumbers and a fistful of peel (for color, to be removed later)
- Cook on low heat, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove cucumber peel, add cream and a pinch of white pepper.
- Puree in food processor, salt to taste.
- Needs no thickener, since the pureed cucumber pulp gives it a nice velvety texture.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4.3 g
Saturated Fat 2.2 g
Total Carbs 7.5 g
Sugar 7 g
Protein 10.5 g
Fiber 2.5 g